The nose is one of the most prominent facial features, and the decision to have it altered is a decision that should be thought out carefully. Even as you have decided to have your nose altered, you may fall under the category of people who are advised to undergo surgery; or you may be someone who is afraid of surgical procedures and post-surgery pain. If you are, then you may worry: what else can I actually do? There is a solution for this, and it is a non-surgical nose job.
Non-Surgical Nose Jobs – Mini Rhinoplasty – 15 Minute Nose Job
Non-surgical rhinoplasty, as its name implies, does not require surgery to change the shape of the nose. Your doctor does not have to cut up the area and stitch it up again. Likewise, it does not require the use of anesthetics.
Rather, it makes use of topical numbing creams that are placed around the area. Then, your doctor will proceed to inject substances called fillers. These fillers are used to shape the nose to achieve the look that you want. It is a quick medical procedure which usually takes no more than fifteen minutes, making it very convenient for those who are always on the go.
If you want a drastic procedure, though, you should keep in mind that a non-surgical nose job does not alter the size of the nose. The fillers used simply fills out recessions and hollows found in the nose area. It also helps fill out the nose so that it will be symmetrically pleasing.
The fillers are the substances used during a non-surgical nose job, and these are usually injected onto the depressions in the nose. Hyaluronic acid, such as Juvederm Ultra and Restylane, are considered the safest among these substances. Your doctor will talk to you about the best substance to be used on your skin.
Benefits of Nose Job Non Sugical
- Does not require general anesthesia
- Fast recovery period
- Easily reversible with the use of Hyaluronidase
- Nasal breathing is not affected since the fillers are only injected on the skin, not on nasal passageways
- Lesser pain after the procedure
- Cheaper than surgical nose jobs
Disadvantages of Non-Surgical Nose Jobs
- Many fillers are not FDA-approved
- Temporary, since the effects wear off after a few months to a year. After that, the nose will return to its original shape.
- Bruising and mild pain after the procedure
- The risk of post-surgical problems are not completely removed – the patient may suffer an allergic reaction to fillers, infections and other side-effects
All in all, a non-surgical nose job is a good idea if you want to improve your looks without going under the knife or without spending too much money. Likewise, it can serve as a “test procedure” in case you are still deciding to undergo a surgical one in the future. If you are considering this option, visit your doctor and ask about non-surgical nose jobs today!