Hair transplantation to regain confidence
Most of us just like health and youth, take our hair for granted until we lose them. Hair loss has different implications for different people. For some it is a means of hiding their baldness by placing the remaining strands of hair properly while for others it means trying out new and different products claiming to facilitate re-growth of natural hair. Loss of hair is a serious issue that often lead to increased anxiety, loss of self-confidence and in some cases even depression.
Some General causes of Hair loss
There are some general causes of hair loss in men and women including;
• Stress and tension
• Certain medications
• Emotional and psychological stresses
• Improper hair care
• Chronic or severe illness
• Ring worm
• Thyroid disease
• Cancer treatment
Types of Hair loss
Hair loss is of many different types which can be classified on the basis of their symptoms and causes. Some of the commonly observed types of hair loss are the following;
- Pattern baldness in males and females: this is one of the most common kinds of hair loss which affects almost half of the men by the age of 50 years. It may start in late 20s, or in early 30s and majority of men experience nearly half of hair loss in their late 30s. The causes of femal pattern baldness are not clear. It is more prevalent in women who have been through their menopause period (around 52 years) maybe because of the reduction in female hormones.
- Alopecia Areata: In this type of hair loss, patches of baldness appear almost equal to the big coin size. Though it can occur at any age but it is most commonly effects teenagers and young adults between the ages of 15-29 years.
- Scarring alopecia: is a type of hair loss in which the hair follicle is damaged completely. It means that the hair will not grow back again.
- Anagen effluvium: it is a wide spread loss of hair that can occur at your scalp, face and body. It is commonly due to some medical condition such as a result of chemotherapy. The hair loss is temporary and hair normally grow back after few months
- Telogen effluvium: in this kind of hair loss, widespread thinning or hair occur instead of specific baldness. The hair may become thinner but there is no total loss of body hair. It can be a reaction to hormonal changes, intense emotional or physical stress, long or short term illness, or due to certain medications. In most cases of this kind of alopecia, the hair stop to fall and will start growing back within 6 months.